We have reached an agreement with the international scientific journals Annals of Forest Science1 and Forest Systems2 to publish a selection of the best papers presented in the Conference.
Annals of Forest Science has the pleasure to invite all researchers participating to the MedPINE5 conference in Solsona, Spain during September 2014 to submit a manuscript for publication based on the results presented at this conference http://medpine5.ctfc.es. The accepted papers will be published under the form of a thematic issue of AFS.
This thematic issue will be made visible on the web page of the journal and we will produce a specific printed issue if there are enough (>15) papers.
Submitted manuscripts should belong to one of the following categories: i) research papers providing original research results, ii) letter to the editor or opinion paper, iii) review papers and iv) data base papers.
All manuscripts will be handled as regular AFS manuscripts. They should be submitted via the journalâ€™s website (http://www.editorialmanager.com/afsc. They will be handled by the chief editor and the editors according to the usual procedure for assessment and selection (double blind peer review, same quality criteria than for regular issues).
Recommendations for submissions
- Before submitting your manuscript, please check if the presentation complies with the instructions to authors displayed at: http://www.springer.com/13595. Be aware that 30% of the manuscripts submitted to AFS are returned to authors because they do not comply with important quality criteria of the journal (clarity, novelty, scope of the journal).
- While submitting, please provide a cover letter explaining what is the main novelty brought about by the manuscript and specify that it is submitted in the frame of the present call “MedPINE5″.
- During the submission process, please select the article type â€śSpecial Issue: MedPINE5â€ťand afterwards the category (research paper, letter to the editor, opinion paper, review paper). For data base papers contact the managing editor.
- For inclusion into the thematic issue, the manuscripts need be submitted before January 1, 2015. Manuscripts submitted later will be considered for regular issues of Annals of Forest Science.
- For additional information, please contact Marianne Peiffer, the Managing Editor of Annals of Forest Science: email@example.com or the Guest Editors LluĂs Coll: firstname.lastname@example.org and JosĂ© Climent: email@example.com.
Forest Systems invite the MedPINE 5 participants to submit a manuscript for publication based on the results presented at the conference.
The accepted papers will be published as a special issue (or section) depending on the number of papers.
Submitted manuscripts should belong to one of the following categories: a) research papers, b) resource communications and short notes, c) review papers.
All manuscripts will be handled as regular AFS manuscripts, by invited associated editors. They should be submitted via the journalâ€™s website (http://www.forestsystems).
Recommendations for submissions
- Follow the author guidelines of the journal. (http://revistas.inia.es/index.php/fs/about/submissions#authorGuidelines)
- During the submission process, please select the section: â€śMedPine5â€ťand the category (research paper, resource communication or short note, review paper).
- When submitting a paper, we recommend uploading an accompanying letter where the authors can nominate an Associate Editor for handling and provide a list of four potential expert reviewers with full contact information and e-mail addresses.
- Check the implications of submitting a manuscript (i.e. approval by all coauthors, not under consideration or being already published, among others).
- For inclusion into the thematic issue, the manuscripts need be submitted before January 1, 2015.